Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chik Fil A

I have to admit, I love Chik Fil A. I love that their meat is hormone and antibiotic free. I love that they greet me at the door with a rolling highchair to rest the baby carrier on. I love that they come to the table with offers to refill my drinks, bring me napkins, extra sauces, etc. I love that they have a sound proof play area. I think that if I visit any more often, they are going to get a plaque with my name made to go on 'my' table. The one right in front of the play area glass. The one that is actually a booth so that Zipporah can take her morning nap on the bench while Ezekiel plays! I wonder how long that ill last.

We met friends there today and Ezekiel threw a boy's action figure over the netting into the no-play portion of the play area. The friends burst into tears and Ezekiel felt quite helpless about what to do. Within minutes another friend had told on him and I went in to see if I was needed. Ezekiel apologized and we went together to ask the Chik Fil A people if they could get behind the play structure to retrieve the action figure. On our way home, at least an hour later, Ezekiel said sorry to me for throwing the action figure. I wondered if he'd been feeling bad all morning instead of feeling forgiven. How do you teach a child to 'feel' forgiven? When I asked he said he got caught up in the excitement of so many friend and threw the action figure without really thinking. He felt pretty bad about it. How do you help a three year old process grown up emotions?

Yesterday we all trooped into the doctor's office to make sure Zipporah's raspy breathing and wet cough were a simple cold and nothing more serious. Whew. Good thing Patrick met us there. The office was small and we had to wait for an hour. Note to self: next time bring books and toys. Zipporah is fine but I'm still trying to figure out how other mamas handle three years old and infant alone at the doctor.

No comments: