Monday, January 3, 2011

Come Lately

Do I dare try to resurrect this blog? Its been over a year and a lot has happened that I won't try to catch up on. Blanks will just have to be blank. With a new computer on my lap and two kids asleep, I find myself wanting to write again. I've realized that I mostly forget what happens every day and that this blog, electronic and vaporous as it is, may be the best recorder of these golden days with my children. For that reason, I am daring. Not to be the wittiest, cleverest, most interesting, pithy, or popular mom on the blogger roll. But daring to at least keep a record of these days before they escape into the forgotten memories of sleepless nights and blurry days.

On that note, let's begin with confessions and goals.
Confessions:
1. I watched 4 complete seasons of Bones in the first two months of Zipporah's life. Ezekiel asks for quality time with me by asking to watch Bones with Mama.
2. Ezekiel watched 1-3 hours of movies A DAY during my third and fourth trimesters.
3. I really have no idea how to parent my 3 year old with his current needs.
Goals:
1. Get Fit 2011 (or Go Lean 2011 if it weren't a cereal). This includes losing my baby body, decluttering, organizing, and finding a routine for our days.
2. No more TV/Movies for Ezekiel. Period. Its off the table and I will just have to figure out how to parent without the Cycloptic babysitter.
3. Non-time-specific, interactive, daily schedule.

Notes: Today I put Ezekiel down for his nap while Zipporah was awake and in my arms. I wasn't sure how I would cross that bridge when it happened but it went off with reasonable ease. Ezekiel and I tried to play Five Little Monkeys today. He's very into the idea of games but he's not quite ready for the rules of play. One of my goals for him is to grow in his social interactions. I think one good way to pursue this goal is for us to practice playing games. I never thought about the abundance of social lessons in a game but they are there and ready for us to master. I have no idea how to be the mom I want to be and keep my house clean. The dishwasher is half unloaded adn the dishes are piled high and its 1:30. Before Zipporah, I just cleaned the kitchen while making coffee and feeding Ezekiel. Now I spend that time nursing. Hmm. Finally, I am so thankful for the lack of post-partum depression this time around. If anyone wants someone to talk to about PPD then I am available. I had it terribly with Ezekiel and not at all with Zipporah.

No comments: